PGCert TMT Law - What you will study
The programme draws on our established teaching and research expertise in IT law, e-commerce law, telecommunications law, computer law and media law. You will examine the complex issues concerning national and international law, while exploring current and developing policies. You’ll learn to identify gaps, conflicts and compliance issues and develop expertise in the legal regimes governing the supply and use of technology, media and telecommunications.
You have the option to attend the annual Residential Weekend for Technology, Media and Telecommunications Law Online Learning students, giving you the chance to network with staff, alumni and fellow students.
The flexible nature of this programme allows you the full benefits of studying for a recognised UK university qualification whilst still in full-time employment. You will be taught to apply your learning and expertise to your professional work straight away, helping you to further your career.
You will need to complete 60 credits in total:
Part Time: 1-2 years - Jan 2023 (Variable)
- Four taught modules
- Three taught modules and the optional research seminar paper/presentation
- In your taught online modules you will be assessed by coursework:
- Tasks (30%) plus final essay (70%) or
- Tasks (30%) plus final assessment exercise (70%)
- Research paper: optional attendance at the residential weekend (presentation and 5,000 word essay)