Career Hub @ The Buildings Show
This year at The Buildings Show, we're accelerating our goal of assisting local construction & property management companies with employment opportunities. From students & new-to-construction opportunity assistance, to Co-Op, and C-Suite help, our dedicated sponsors can assist with your needs.
A FULL SERVICE CAREER HUB FOR 2023
Are you looking for a career with endless possibilities for growth and a steady income? Look no further than the construction industry! With the growth of the industry creating a need for over 109,900 new workers over the next decade, there has never been a better time to join. And there's no better way to get started than by attending The Buildings Show in Toronto.
• The Career Hub is the perfect place for those looking to break into the industry or advance their careers.
• The Hub connects job seekers with sponsor organizations that can help them find employment
• Benefits of working in the construction industry are numerous- solid starting pay, financial stability, and multiple pathways to career advancement
• Wages in the construction industry have been among the fastest growing in Canada
• Most organizations offer benefits packages for new hires in the industry
Don't miss out on this exciting opportunity to join the construction industry and take your career to the next level. Attend The Buildings Show in Toronto and visit the Career Hub to start building your future today!
Students/New to Industry
Students/New to Industry
Make sure you come out Wednesday, Dec 29th for the 10:30 Main Stage presentation on best practices for getting jobs in the industry. You will be able to get great tips, get a professional headshot at no cost, and meet our sponsors below who can create a clear path to your future in construction or building management/maintenance. To register for this free session, click here and type “AEC” in the search bar.
Every day you can also meet with our Principal Sponsor, Multiplex Global, about opportunities to work with one of the biggest construction companies in the world! Register for a session with Multiplex here.(search “Multiplex Global” to sign up for free to meet their team at The Buildings Show)
Construction Companies/Building Owners
When you register this year, you can opt in for immediate assistance from our sponsors below. Just let us know you would like some advance help while registering, and we will contact you and get the process started. Additionally, you can meet our sponsors in dedicated sessions within the Career Hub. Please see who fits and sign up to connect at The Buildings Show!
CH100 Building Your Career: A Networking Hour with the Career Foundation
Wednesday, November 29 @ 1-2 pm // Career Hub - Booth 1917
Join the Career Foundation for an interactive networking hour in The Buildings Show Career Hub located on the Trade Show floor in booth 1917. This one-hour session is designed to help professionals in the building industry connect and build meaningful relationships within their field. Whether you are seeking new job opportunities, looking to expand your professional network, or simply interested in exchanging ideas and experiences, this networking event is the perfect platform to engage with like-minded individuals in the industry. The Career Foundation is a non-unionized, non-profit organization and registered charity that that has been connecting job seekers and employers since 1988. They help thousands of people accomplish their employment goals each year and their programs and services include job search, placement and HR solutions for employers.
CW101 Building Your Career: A Networking Hour with NextGen Professional
Wednesday, November 29 @ 2:30-3:30 pm // Career Hub - Booth 1917
Join the NextGen Professional for an interactive networking hour in The Buildings Show Career Hub located on the Trade Show floor in booth 1917. This one-hour session is designed to help professionals in the building industry connect and build meaningful relationships within their field for employment objectives! Whether you are seeking new job opportunities, staffing & HR solutions, or staff development and training, this networking event is the perfect platform for you or your organization. NextGen builds construction, engineering and architectural teams across North America. With their 12 years of market insights and Talent Mapping technologies, NextGen moves professionals into dream positions and helps you build your organization!
OUR ONSITE SPONSOR OFFERINGS
We're proud to partner with industry-leading companies to bring forward a robust and professional Career Hub for the 35th annual The Buildings Show
Multiplex will be hosting the Career Hub and ready to chat about Co-op positions and New Grad positions available in 2024, Career Paths in Construction Management, as well as How Global Opportunities work to enhance your career experience. Click here and search “Mutliplex Global” to set up a meeting onsite with Multiplex to get your students or yourself started in the construction industry.
With a proven 12-year track record of success, NextGen Professional has earned its reputation as a prominent and reliable partner for recruitment and HR Strategies in the Construction, Engineering and Architectural organizations of all sizes seeking to bolster their workforce with exceptional talent.
We have diligently honed our expertise in understanding diverse industries, ensuring that we deliver tailor-made solutions that align with our clients' unique requirements.
Whether you are a startup, SME, or a large corporation, we have the experience and resources to cater to your hiring needs. We invite you to reach out in advance of The Buildings Show via our website, and additionally, register for a consultation session in person at which you can do here. Simply type “NextGen Professional” in the search and sign up for NextGen’s one-hour free consultation session.
- Executive and Professional Search and Recruitment: At NextGen, we believe that exceptional leadership drives business growth. Our experienced team of recruiters specializes in executive and Professional searches. Identifying and attracting top-tier candidates who possess the expertise and vision to lead organizations toward success.
- Permanent Staffing Solutions: We offer comprehensive permanent staffing solutions to help you build a robust and sustainable workforce. Our meticulous screening process and in-depth industry knowledge enable us to connect you with qualified candidates who not only meet the job requirements but also fit seamlessly into your company culture.
- Temporary and Contract Staffing: In today's agile business environment, flexibility is paramount. NextGen Professional provides temporary and contract staffing solutions that allow organizations to quickly scale their workforce in response to fluctuating demands while maintaining productivity and efficiency.
- Strategic HR Consulting: Our expertise extends beyond recruitment; we offer strategic HR consulting services to help businesses optimize their human capital management. From talent acquisition strategies to performance management and employee engagement initiatives, we collaborate with your team to foster a thriving and motivated workforce.
- Career Development for Candidates: We understand that job seekers are more than just resumes. For candidates seeking new career objectives, NextGen Professional offers personalized guidance, performance coaching and support for your existing staff. Our team works closely with your leadership team to identify strengths, preferences, and aspirations, ensuring your staff are aligned with their own and your organizations long term goals.
For more information about our services, please visit our multiple platforms and websites:
The Ontario Home Builders’ Association (OHBA) Job Ready Program
The OHBA Job Ready Program will provide you with the entry-level practical skills training and experience that will prepare you to work in the construction industry. The program moves through basic safety training to construction industry orientation to a paid work experience. For your paid placement, you will be partnered with an employer who will support you with mentorship and on-the-job training to get your construction career started.
At the end of the program, participants will have gained hands-on industry experience, transferable soft skills, and personal protective equipment (PPE). You will receive ongoing retention support to ensure your long-term success in the construction field.
Applications for this program are currently open. To discuss opportunities onsite, learn more here (program session link). Simply type “Ontario Home Builders’ Association” into the search bar and sign up to chat onsite with OHBA!
The Career Foundation
Improve your interviewing skills through AI communication coaching. Do a mock interview with the Career Hub’s One-Way video interviewing software and receive feedback & Interview Analysis. Use what you learn for continuous improvement with better pacing, pitch, and clarity. Build your confidence and improve your interviewing skills like never before! To meet with Career Foundation at The Buildings Show, click here and type “The Career Foundation" in the search bar.
The Career Foundation is a non-unionized, non-profit organization and registered charity that that has been connecting job seekers and employers since 1988. They help thousands of people accomplish their employment goals each year and their programs and services include job search, placement and HR solutions for employers. They operate five full-suite centres located throughout the GTA along with digital and virtual services delivered Canada wide that serve job seekers of all ages and demographics. They offer a variety of programs to equip job seekers with the right skills to succeed in today’s competitive labour market in various sectors with a specialty in the skilled trades. Whether you are new to the workforce and looking to gain experience, they have programs to help you meet your employment goals.
Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB)
Student Membership gives you access to a wealth of benefits that will support your transition to a worthwhile career within the construction industry. These benefits include:
- Resources: As a member, you will have access to CIOB's library and many online resources that will help you in your studies.
- Events: Student Membership gives you free or discounted access to hundreds of events every year, including CPD and networking events, and site visits. Find out more at events.ciob.org.
- Tomorrow's Leaders: a cross-membership community within CIOB focused on building professionalism and enhancing the pipeline of high-quality construction talent. Click here to learn more.
More info on becoming a student member can be found here: https://www.ciob.org/membership/becoming-student-member
To meet onsite with CIOB, register for their Career Hub information session here and type “Chartered Institute of Building” in the search.