Sustainability at The Buildings Show
Together we are creating a sustainable future for the entire built environment!
The Buildings Show is committed to promoting sustainability for the entire Built Environment. We work within our community to bring content that is relevant to the Design, Construction and Property Management sectors that educate on socially responsible practices to be taken back to those sectors. We also work with our exhibitors, suppliers and sponsors to reduce our Show’s impact on the environment. These current sustainability initiatives and actions are listed below for further reference:
- We work with our community to identify areas of sustainable development, growth, initiatives, and direction in the design, construction, and real estate operations. From new construction to renovations and systems and processes and building code changes, help champion change through our community at our events.
- Content of the event includes a large component of sustainable conversations, addressing the environment, smart buildings and smart cities, and socially responsible building practices.
- The Buildings Show works with up to 58 local educational institutions to engage students and the next generation in the content of the Show and understand future employment opportunities.
- The Buildings Show works with leading associations, such as Canadian Green Building Council and the Canadian Solar Industry Association, to identify topics and promote sustainable building and construction practices within our communities.
- The Metro Toronto Convention Centre sources many F&B products locally; 80% of the wine, 65% of all food and beverages, and 75% of meat, fish, and dairy is sourced locally to support local farmers and producers