Main Conference: 8 & 9 September 2020 / COVID-19 & Competition Law Focus Day: 7 September 2020
Delivered Live (UK Time) & On-Demand Afterwards
Advanced EU Competition Law, Digital Edition
The definitive competition law review. Demystifying the law in perplexing times.
250+ competition lawyers, 135+ in-house counsel, 20+ regulators...all at a touch of a button!
60+ regulators, in-house counsel and leading competition lawyers will speak in 2020, including:
Join the most eminent speakers and practitioners for a range of timely presentations, interactive panels and especially designed networking functions. Take advantage of their expert knowledge, and learn how you can apply their experiences to your own practice and business.
Why attend the Advanced EU Competition Law, Digital Edition?
It's simple. Attend the digital edition of the Advanced EU Competition Law Series for the ultimate review of EU competition law developments. We have it covered from every angle: hear from policy makers and regulators; gain insight from eminent lawyers involved in the biggest cases; share practical perspectives with in-house counsel; learn from economists.
For the first time ever as a digital event! Join one of the most established and largest competition law events in Europe to meet with fellow competition law practitioners from across the industry.
Your A-Z of Competition Law: Every Major Development Covered
From Articles 101 & 102, mergers and private enforcement through to state aid and vertical restraints, we have it covered. Join us for 2 days of in-depth analysis of all the recent policy developments, decisions and investigations at EU and national level. Our eminent speakers from across the competition law world will draw out the practical implications of the latest cases to ensure that you are fully equipped to address current challenges.
Dissect Key Case Law & Investigations and Their Practical Impact
Servier Appeals, Vantaan Kaupunki, Deutsche Telekom, Forex Spot Trading Cartels, Guess, Nike, MasterCard, Google AdSense, Bulgarian Energy, pharma sector developments, merger developments including GE LM Wind ...and many more. Analyse the biggest cases of 2019/2020 and ensure that you understand the practical consequences of the decisions to help you shape your strategy, avoid fines and ensure compliance.
Gain a 360 Degree Perspective from Our Eminent Speakers
Hear from across the competition law world to gain a full perspective on every aspect. Our speaker faculty includes: representatives from the European Commission & national competition authorities, in-house counsel from major corporations, eminent academics, leading private practice lawyers involved in groundbreaking cases and competition economists.
In an era of physical separation, ensure you are fully up to date with the latest developments in EU competition law and connect with your peers from across Europe by taking advantage of our AI matchmaking tool and 1-1 meetings through our sophisticated and fully interactive conference app.
BENEFITS OF JOINING THIS VIRTUAL EVENT:
Attend from the safety of your home:
- Hear from regulators, enforcers, key in-house counsel and top legal minds
- Gain your annual in-depth review of current policy, case law and enforcement actions including their practical repercussions
- Join lively panel sessions offering a variety of perspectives
Innovative networking platform:
- Join interactive Q&As and participate in engaging audience polls
- Take advantage of innovative matchmaking algorithm to meet your peers with similar background and interests
- Schedule 1-1 meetings with delegates and speakers before, during and after the event, extending networking beyond the actual date of the event
- Participate in virtual evening networking drinks to help you forge stronger connections
Unlike traditional conferences, virtual conferences offer additional flexibility:
- Key sessions will be offered on-demand allowing you to watch them at a time that works for you
- You can re-watch the content to refresh your memory and to come back to specific details
Cost-effective & time efficient:
- Join us from anywhere in the world and save on travel and other costs associated with traditional conferences
- No need to take additional time out for travel from your working schedule to attend the conference
Advanced EU Competition Law London conference in numbers
Attend the Competition Law in the Age of COVID-19 Pandemic Focus Day
The impact of COVID-19 epidemic is unprecedented across all areas of life and competition law is no exception. Join us to asses how national governments and competition authorities are addressing the new challenges from the economic fall out, including:
State Aid & COVID-19
- What is the scope of State Aid Temporary Framework?
- Procedural developments including 24/7 hotline
- Article 107 (2) (b) TFEU provisions on the basis of an “exceptional occurrence”
- Article 107 (3) (b) TFEU provisions
- What is the likelihood of future state aid complaints?
Merger Control & COVID-19
- Delay in mergers at EU level
- Procedural developments
- How are national competition authorities responding?
- Consequences for on-going merger cases
Cooperation, Coordination and Exchange of Information
- Enhanced cooperation and coordination to increase efficiencies within specific COVID-19 scenarios e.g. retail and suppliers, the logistics and health care/life science sectors
- CMA’s approach
- Prohibited behaviour
Spotlight on the Retail Sector
- Enhanced cooperation and coordination to increase efficiencies between retailers and suppliers
- CMA’s approach to feeding the nation
- Unfair pricing concerns
- Compliance for the retail sector