Main Conference: 12 & 13 May 2020 / Brexit Focus Day: 14 May 2020
Advanced EU Competition Law, London
The definitive European competition law review. Connecting the EU competition law community in London for 28 years.
Analyse all the major developments with top legal minds, gain critical insights from the regulators, discuss practical challenges and solutions with in-house counsel
60+ regulators, in-house counsel and leading competition lawyers will speaker in 2020, including:
Join the most eminent speakers and practitioners for a range of timely presentations, interactive panels and especially designed networking functions. Take advantage of their expert knowledge, and learn how you can apply their experiences to your own practice and business.
Why attend the Advanced EU Competition Law, London conference?
It's simple. Attend the London edition of the Advanced EU Competition Law Series for the ultimate review of EU competition law developments. We have it covered from every angle: hear from policy makers and regulators; gain insight from eminent lawyers involved in the biggest cases; share practical perspectives with in-house counsel; learn from economists.
Join one of the most established and largest competition law events in Europe to meet with fellow competition law practitioners from across the industry.
Your A-Z of Competition Law: Every Major Development Covered
From Articles 101 & 102, mergers and private enforcement through to state aid and vertical restraints, we have it covered. Join us for 2 days of in-depth analysis of all the recent policy developments, decisions and investigations at EU and national level. Our eminent speakers from across the competition law world will draw out the practical implications of the latest cases to ensure that you are fully equipped to address current challenges.
Dissect Key Case Law & Investigations and Their Practical Impact
Servier Appeals, Vantaan Kaupunki, Deutsche Telekom, Forex Spot Trading Cartels, Guess, Nike, MasterCard, Google AdSense, Bulgarian Energy, pharma sector developments, merger developments including GE LM Wind ...and many more. Analyse the biggest cases of 2019/2020 and ensure that you understand the practical consequences of the decisions to help you shape your strategy, avoid fines and ensure compliance.
Gain a 360 Degree Perspective from Our Eminent Speakers
Hear from across the competition law world to gain a full perspective on every aspect. Our speaker faculty includes: representatives from the European Commission & national competition authorities, in-house counsel from major corporations, eminent academics, leading private practice lawyers involved in groundbreaking cases and competition economists.
Advanced EU Competition Law London conference in numbers
Attend the Competition Law Post-Brexit Focus Day
With Brexit beginning to take shape practitioners need to understand the implications for UK and multi-jurisdictional cases. Experts from the CMA, leading in-house counsel and private practitioners answer the most pressing questions, including:
UK Competition Law Post-Brexit
- What is the likely future relationship between the CMA and the Commission?
- Dealing with the transitional/backstop period and implications for ongoing cases
- Reducing the risk of double jeopardy for businesses operating in the UK and Europe.
Merger Control Post-Brexit
- What is the likely future of UK merger control post Brexit?
- Implications for multi-jurisdictional mergers
- Will the CMA continue to be more aggressive in procedural enforcement on mergers?
Competition in the Digital Sphere
- How does UK competition law currently apply in the digital space and what is the strategy for the UK's post-Brexit future?
- Will we see practical implications arising from recent market studies?
- Post-Brexit how will the UK and Europe work together to tackle big data companies?
Brexit & State Aid
- UK state aid regime during the transition period
- The future dynamics of state aid regulation between Northern Ireland and the rest of the UK.
- How is the state aid regime likely to develop in the UK post-Brexit?
Women in Competition Law: Interactive Panel Discussion
Join us on 14 of May to engage with our panel of leading competition law professionals discussing the benefits of diversity and how to take female representation in competition law to the next level. Speakers already confirmed include: