Let's get Sustainable!
Follow some of these tips to create a more sustainable booth at the Show and across your participation with The Buildings Show.
There are 3 areas to consider when inspiring sustainable participation at the Show. These are covered in asking 3 questions with your planning team:
- What materials are we using while onsite and how are they arriving onsite?
- How is energy being used in our booth?
- How are we engaging within our community of clients, partners and friends in the industry?
More Sustainability Tips
When designing your booth space, always consider where your materials are coming from and you will do with the booth materials after The Building Show. These are some of the areas that you should consider:
- Flooring is not mandatory – so you can do any of the following to demonstrate sustainable usage
- Do not install flooring in booth
- Flooring in your booth can be reused across multiple events
- Your booth display should be reusable at multiple shows
- Create in mind to use at multiple Shows to reduce the impact on waste.
- Choose construction methods that allow components to be taken apart and reused or donated (i.e no adhesive).
- Avoid materials like Styrofoam/Polystyrene, PVC, fiberglass, Sintra
- Disposal of any products onsite is prohibited, and all materials must be taken away with you.
- You should consider making all your signage recyclable
- Signage should be produced on 100% recyclable substrate
- Signage should not include foam core or PVC materials
- Reduce use of one-time use vinyl signage
- Printed/promotional items onsite:
- Reduce or eliminate handouts onsite
- Switch any required printed materials to FHC certified or materials with environmental credentials
- Provide some sort of digital QR code scan (Check out this video for tips) [Link coming soon]
- Communicate your sustainable initiatives onsite – Spread the word!
- Choose the most sustainable option possible for your journey to and from the event for your staff
- Consolidate your shipments that are arriving at the facility and use shipping companies that are Smart Way certified or have some sustainable credentials
- Consider purchasing carbon offset credits for your staff travel to and from the Show
The Buildings Show is committed to excellence in serving all customers including persons with disabilities. We are also committed to giving people with disabilities the same opportunity to access our goods and services and allowing them to benefit from the same services, in the same place, and in a similar way as other participants.
Please click here to view the Metro Toronto Convention Centre Accessibility Maps, by level (for reference, this year The Buildings Show will be taking place from levels 500 to level 800.)