“The best ESG fund of the year” award
Open to all funds generating a positive measurable social and environmental impact alongside a financial return
Download the application form
What is the criteria?
The judges are looking for submissions that can illustrate how the ESG practices of firms and companies have progressed over time, in addition to examples of best practice. The judges will be looking for evidence of good practice of an overall ESG framework by the firm, as well as examples to illustrate the firm’s engagement with portfolio companies.
The shortlist will be selected by EY Strategy and Transactions Sustainability and the judging panel will consider submissions against the following criteria:
- How sustainable investment is embedded at the GP level, including why it is important to the firm, existence of an ESG policy/E&S management system, and commitment by senior management
- How sustainability based on ESG factors is considered as part of deal origination and due diligence
- Regularity and depth of post-acquisition / funding engagement with portfolio companies / GPs on sustainability (ESG) matters
- Evidence of ESG reporting to LPs / investors or other stakeholders (formal or informal)
- Examples of value creation at exit / capital distribution due to sustainable investment strategy, ESG engagement and impact creation during the investment horizon
- Evidence of partnering with stakeholders and industry associations on insights and research
Companies will be required to provide a one-two page summary addressing the above criteria accompanied by any relevant documented evidence.
2022 ESG award winner...
Evercare Health Fund managed by TPG