Starts 6 April 2020
3 Modules over 3 weeks
Fundamentals of IP for Partnering Deals
Learn how to secure ownership of your IP to obtain a successful partnering deal
With a focus on patents, understand the basics of IP as a non-legal specialist
With recent high-profile patent application failures in the US, IP rights have never been so far to the fore of the life science industry. Ownership of IP is an essential ingredient for a successful partnering deal, yet can present a knowledge gap for non-legal professionals.
This course will present you with the key information to understand what is meant by IP, the types of IP available, with a particular focus on patents and the ways in which IP can impact on the partnering process.
What will you learn?
Understand the different types of Intellectual Property (IP) protection and how they work
Examine what drives the need to protect inventions in pharma/biopharma
Delve deeper into patents: their parts, scope and limitations
Consider how your IP strategy can impact on partnering – pre and post finding a partner
Investigate other possible complications arising from IP in a partnership
Get the latest event updates
Benefits of learning online
EBD Academy's online course is a new digital, interactive and engaging educational experience designed to maximize learning for professionals with busy schedules and/or small training budgets.
- The course is released in bite-size chunks so you can easily implement what you learn during the course
- Content is pre-recorded and modules are released gradually over a 3 week period
- Each module is just one hour long making your learning experience simpler!
- Take a short quiz after each module to consolidate what you have learned!
- As an added benefit, you will have unlimited access to all course materials and our professional learning community for a further 2 months after course completion.
Professional learning community
- Discuss any problems with fellow students and share insights in our professional learning community.
- Interact directly with the trainer throughout the course and for 2 months after.
- Once you have registered for the course, you can login and access course content here.
- You will have direct contact with the trainer, Thomas Siepmann, J.D., Ph.D.
- Thomas is a registered patent attorney, who owns Siepmann IP Consulting. Having years of experience within the industry, he provides intellectual property services to chemical and biotech industry companies - from start-up to blue chip.
Grow as a team
- With multiple licenses your team can learn together, no matter where they are in the world!
About EBD Academy
Born out of a partnership between EBD Group and Pharmaceutical Training International (PTI), EBD Academy provides highly specialized and immersive training that is committed to the personal progression and employability of professionals involved in pharma/biotech partnering.
Working in partnership with EBD Group, our vision is to enhance key skills and competencies to maximize successful partnering and accelerate career progression. We aim to deliver enriched learning content that has been researched with industry to tackle industry challenges and eliminate skills gaps.