Double Tree by Hilton Greenway Plaza,
Translating scientific insight into commercial opportunities for NORM affected industries in North America
The only event dedicated to NORM, TENORM and radioactive waste in oil & gas, mining, water and other industries.
Designed by acknowledged industry experts for NORM regulators, operators and waste solution providers.
Continuing Education Credits
The American Board of Health Physicists has approved the conference for 8 continuing education units.
Licensed engineers and geoscientists will receive a certificate of attendance for professional development hours in compliance with the rules of the Texas Board of Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors and the Texas Board of Professional Geoscientists.
Key themes for 2022
Regulation and policy updates the IAEA, EPA and key states
- Federal state and international regulations for NORM and TENORM.
- Recent changes implemented on state and federal level and what still needs to be tackled.
- Hear the latest on management, disposal and safe transportation in Canada, Colorado and Texas.
- The IAEA presents it's views on best practices for NORM and TENORM management and disposal guidelines
O&G operators share NORM management challenges and concerns
- Join the biggest oil and gas players in this market as they share their latest waste management techniques, practices and safety guidelines.
- Ensure secure transportation of NORM/ TENORM.
- Understand how to manage public perception of NORM and radiation.
- Assess the impact of the global energy crisis in managing NORM and TENORM
NEW for 2022
- Investing in NORM and exploring disposal which is both commercially viable and environmentally conscious
- Upstream, midstream and downstream oil and gas operations
- Subsea decommissioning
- Delve into the science behind the linear no threshold theory - does this model stand up to scrutiny?
- NORM versus TENORM name debate
NORM in new energy sources
- Unpack the opportunities for growth in the use of hydrogen and potential for the hydrogen economy to reduce levels of NORM and TENORM.
- What is the future for TENORM production and management in renewable energy?
2022 speakers include:
Attendee Numbers at NORM
Oil & Gas Companies
NORM North America is a CPD is a CPD certified event. Attendees will gain 24 CPD points from attending the conference and the seminar.