Podcast: Decarbonising European gas markets
Flame speakers Jonathan Stern, Lisa Fischer and Arnt Baer discuss the decarbonisation of Europe's gas markets on the KNect365 Energy podcast. Their conversation covers:
The importance of moving the gas industry beyond a focus on promoting fuel switching from coal and oil to fossil methane.
The challenges involved with achieving large-scale production of climate neutral gaseous energy carriers like hydrogen, synthetic natural gas and biogas.
The risk of stranded costs from investing in existing gas infrastructure versus the need for additional investment to repurpose the network for low carbon alternatives.
Webinar: Liquid Courage
The long term demand forecast for Asia, the evolution in cost-structure of LNG to Europe, and how the new build LNG terminal competition between Russia, Australia, Qatar and the USA plays out to 2040.
This webinar features insights from:
- Hiren Mulchandani, Lead Commodities Analyst at Aurora Energy Research
- Trevor Sikorski, Head of Natural Gas and Carbon Research at Energy Aspects
- Carmen Lopez-Contreras, Gas Market Senior Analyst at Repsol
Webinar: LNG Demand Growth in Asia
The outlook for LNG demand in China, South Korea and Japan. This webinar features insights from:
- Andrew Walker - Vice President, Strategy and Communication, Cheniere
- David Ledesma, Senior Research Fellow, Oxford Institute for Energy Studies
- John Twomey, Head of European Gas, Power and LNG Analysis
Bloomberg LP (moderator)
The LNGgc Report: Survey Results & Analysis
Earlier this month we asked our global subscriber base of LNG professionals to weigh in on some of the industry’s major talking points. Our questions covered everything from LNG bunkering to the emergence of new trading hubs, project financing, rising LNG shipping prices, and the impact of the trade war between China and the United States.
You can find the results summarised in the following report. They reveal the spectrum of opinion among LNG professionals on the big issues shaping the industry, as well their perceptions of the main challenges and opportunities for the years ahead.
This report also includes insights from:
•Howard V Rogers, Oxford Institute for Energy Studies
•Carmen López-Contreras González, Repsol
•Susan Sakmar, University of Houston Law Centre
•Sean Strawbridge, Port of Corpus Christi
•David de Ledesma, Oxford Institute for Energy Studies
•Alain Bourgeois, GLOWAKE
•Magnus Koren, Höegh LNG
Webinar: The Investment Outlook for Energy
A deep dive into the investment landscape for the European energy industry, examining the impact of slumping oil & gas exploration as well as rising renewable energy investment.
Featuring insights from:
- Lászlo Varro, Chief Economist at the International Energy Agency (IEA)
- James Henderson, Director of the Natural Gas Reseach Programme at the Oxford Institute for Energy Studies (OIES)
Industry Report: Gas in a Low Carbon Energy System
Can natural gas survive in a renewable energy future? Will technologies like SMR Hydrogen, P2G and Biomethane secure the gas networks a place in a low carbon energy system? How will the decarbonisation of the gas networks progress over the medium to long term? Our industry review paper covers these questions and more.
Webinar: Fossil Fuel Prices - What Next?
The reasons for the commodities super cycle coming to an end, and why predictions of future prices have so often proven wrong.
Featuring insights from:
- Dieter Helm, Fellow at New College Oxford.
- Patrick Barouki, Head of Gas Trading & Origination, Uniper Global Commodities
- Howard Rogers, Director of the Natural Gas Research Programme, OIES
- Cameron Hepburn, Professor of Environmental Economics, University of Oxford
Discover a world of digital opportunities. Contact Simeon.Atkins@KNect365.com to find out more.
Choose a topic, take part in the discussion and set out your vision for the industry.
Industry Review Papers
Insights from prominent thought leaders & evidence-based analysis of market trends.
Top performing content pieces delivered directly to the inboxes of your potential clients.
Maximise your lead generation capabilities - the greatest exposure for the greatest impact.
Want your own content promoted? We’ll do the legwork for you.
Put a face to your business with a recorded interview segment.