Press Registration for Greenbuild
Thanks for your interest in Greenbuild. Please review the policies and guidelines regarding media credentials. Simply click the below registration button to apply for your press pass to the Greenbuild International Conference + Expo, September 26-29, 2023.
Press Registration Rules & Qualifications
Complimentary registration for working press covering Greenbuild is subject to review each year. Having previously been issued a badge for Greenbuild does not waive this requirement, nor does it guarantee that credentials will be granted for this year's show. Press members must submit new credentials each year to be considered for a media badge. Eligibility is subject to approval by Greenbuild. You will be notified if your request for complimentary press credentials is approved or denied, or if additional information is needed to confirm your status.
Working press with complimentary credentials may not solicit business from exhibitors, spokespeople, or attendees during Greenbuild.
Press badges are limited to:
- 2 badges per media outlet
- 1 badge per blog
- Editorial staff only
Non-Editorial Media Representatives
Non-editorial employees of media organizations, including but not limited to marketing, public relations, advertising, account representatives, analysts, book authors, consultants, corporate media executives, film companies/production companies not on assignment, publishers, researchers, sales, etc., do not qualify for complimentary press registration, and will need to register instead as attendees.
Soliciting by attendees with complimentary working press credentials is forbidden. Working press with complimentary credentials may not solicit business from exhibitors, spokespeople, or attendees during Greenbuild. Non-editorial media representatives may register online through the paid registration process.
Freelance, Bloggers & Online Media
Freelance journalists/photographers must be attending Greenbuild on behalf of at least one publication. Marketing, PR or other industry executives who contribute bylined articles to news outlets are not eligible for complimentary press registration.
To qualify, freelance journalists/photographers must provide:
- A letter from an editor or producer on organization letterhead stating that you are covering Greenbuild on assignment for their news organization;
- A bylined, industry-related article from the publication you are representing, published within the last six months.
Bloggers must demonstrate a history of regular editorial coverage of the green building industry and post bylined news at least weekly. Corporate blogs will not be considered. Press registration for bloggers and other online media outlets will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To qualify, blogs must meet the following criteria:
- Must not be self-promoting and/or a third-party content aggregator;
- Must have at least 10,000 unique visits per month;
- Must have original content updated at least four times a week.
Only journalists with commercial news websites qualify for complimentary registration. Personal website writers, designers, editors, and creators do not qualify for complimentary press registration.
To qualify, online media must meet the following criteria:
- Must have a paid reporting staff of two or more;
- Must post original, dated, industry-related news at least once per week;
- Must have content that extends beyond newsletters, links, forums, personal diaries, analysis or opinion;
- Must have a readership of more than 1,000 per month.
To qualify, online media journalists must provide:
- A link to your online publication with your name and title appearing in an editorial capacity;
- A link to an industry-related article from your publication with your byline and published within the last six months (the copy must clearly show the name of the publication and your byline).
If You Do Not Qualify for Media Credentials
Greenbuild Show Management reviews all requests for press credentials. If you do not qualify for complimentary press credentials, we'll provide further instructions and you'll have the opportunity to register as an attendee.
Recent Greenbuild Press Releases
June 8, 2023: Greenbuild Announces Kal Penn as 2023 Keynote
November 7, 2022: Greenbuild International Conference + Expo 2022 Wraps in San Francisco