BEING SUSTAINABLE ONSITE
Be A Part of the Sustainable Solutions at Greenbuild in San Diego!
Think Before You Throw Out
Recycling and composting bins are located throughout the SDCC and Greenbuild Expo floor, so you’ll never have to go far to responsibly dispose of your waste. Take a moment to consider what goes where:
- COMPOST: Coffee, liquid, food
- RECYCLING: Plastic, aluminum cans, paper, glass bottles, cardboard, pamphlets, flyers
- LANDFILL: chip bags, plastic wrappers, straws, plastic cups
We know climate change is having serious effects on communities across the world. For the last 10 years, Greenbuild has offset all scope 1, scope 2 and a portion of scope 3 carbon emissions related to the production of the event. How you can participate:
- Make sure to purchase your offset when you register (it’s $15 towards fixing our planet!)
- This year we are asking you, the Greenbuild community, to help us choose the final project that will offset the event’s footprint and positively impact a community in need.
Other Onsite Recommendations
- Bring Your Favorite Reusable Water Bottle: Filtered water stations will be available throughout the San Diego Convention Center. Check out our virtual floor plan for of refill and rinse station locations!
- Go Green in Your Hotel Room: Be sure to take advantage of towel and sheet reuse initiatives that may be offered by your hotel. Don’t forget to turn off all lights and electronics when you leave your room each day!
- Sustainable Transportation: San Diego is a very walkable city and all the hotels in the room block are within walking distance the convention center. If walking or biking to your destination isn’t an option, check “The Red Trolley” to get around the city.
Share what you are doing to be more sustainable with #Greenbuild. We can’t wait to hear from you!